If you love lobster tail but want to have it at home then you can easily make air fryer lobster tail especially if you are nervous to try it. Preparation of the lobster tail and accompanying sauce is what will take up much of the time.
The amount of servings you will get will depend on how many lobster tails you wish to make. Don’t worry about cooking them in an air fryer. It is very easy to use this device for a meal like lobster, which sounds complicated.
- 2 lobster tails ( about 4 to 6 oz)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 garlic clove
- Lemon zest
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
First of all, you need to prepare the lobster before jumping at making an air fryer lobster tail. You must cut the shell in the centre and loosen the meat enough to pull it upwards. Season the meat with salt and pepper then place it on a baking sheet.
Next, you need to prepare the butter mixture, so grab a bowl and melt the butter. Now mix in the garlic, parsley, and other herbs you like. Use this mix to spread it onto the exposed lobster tail meat.
Put the lobster tail in the air fryer basket and start baking it at 200°C for about 5 to 7 minutes. Let it cook until you see the meat becomes opaque and a little brown.
Serve with lemon wedges as per preference.
Additional tips to air fryer lobster tail
- When cutting the lobster shell don’t cut it all the way down, leave the meat resting in the open shell.
- Don’t forget to clean and take out the vein before starting to spice the meat.
- If you use frozen lobster, make sure to defrost it all the way through before you begin cooking it.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the lobster itself, so just check it before serving.